Monday, March 10, 2008

adding a little whimsy




I have been haunting the thrift stores of late, searching for items to use as planters or art in the garden.I am doing a demonstration at the Art Gallery on container gardening so wanted to come up with something creative. I was very excited by a chairs possibilities, it had ugly fabric, but the frame was very shiny. I like shiny things. It reminded me of the mirrored gazing balls, so already I visualised it paired with one, and well, that was it. I wish I had a before picture, I didn't think to take a photo till I was nearly finished the project. I am very pleased with the results. I amused myself by depositing it at the bus stop in front of the store for a couple of hours. I like shiny things and am easily amused.





























































3 comments:

Esther Montgomery said...

Hello

What do your neighbours make of your garden?

Esther Montgomery

ESTHER IN THE GARDEN

plantgurus said...

Wow, how neat! I love it when people think out of the box. Very creative...conversation pieces, for sure!

Unknown said...

Great idea for a succulent chair I love it!